Looks like aluminum tape, which is great to put over filament tape for
weather-proofing, but is not strong enough to hold a heaxayurt together on
its own.  Look at a sample of it if you can.  If you can easily tear the
tape, it won't work.

-Tripod

On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:14 AM,
<hexayurt+nore...@googlegroups.com<hexayurt%2bnore...@googlegroups.com>
> wrote:

>   Today's Topic Summary
>
> Group: http://groups.google.com/group/hexayurt/topics
>
>    - Tape
> Replacement?<https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=FiyVxdcxcss.en.&am=!nf0ForB_BfX7BTpibrQ2zkeSs1HbGKrtNnXIz7Js6gYXhGS4yIl7YT-g&fri#12dbdbdbe49366d8_group_thread_0>[1
>  Update]
>
>  Topic: Tape
> Replacement?<http://groups.google.com/group/hexayurt/t/693ef030091558ae>
>
>    Cheese <jper...@gmail.com> Jan 25 02:39AM -0800
> ^<https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&view=js&name=main,tlist&ver=FiyVxdcxcss.en.&am=!nf0ForB_BfX7BTpibrQ2zkeSs1HbGKrtNnXIz7Js6gYXhGS4yIl7YT-g&fri#12dbdbdbe49366d8_digest_top>
>
>    Hi Everyone,
>
>    I am new to the group, but have read through a lot of the previous
>    posts and noticed the tape being an ongoing problem. I am currently
>    planning my first Hexayurt for Burning Man this year and hope to get
>    as much input as possible. I came across this tape and it looks like
>    it may be a decent replacement. It is designed for roofs and it has
>    an aluminum surface to protect against sun. The price seems
>    reasonable when on sale. If anyone has an opportunity to try it,
>    please let me know.
>

> http://www.harborfreight.com/clearance/3-inch-x-25-ft-quick-roof-repair-65611.html
>
>    Thank you
>

> --