I use straight rebar. I have a "Rebar Pounder" that I made out of a
heavy weight and short piece of electrical conduit. It acts like a
slide hammer and the rebar jumps into the playa. I also place my rebar
right next to the side of the Hexayurt (between 2 corners) this allows
me to run a rope from each corner anchor and not trip people walking
by.

My question is about the tape seal between the yurt and tarp. Right
now I'm thinking of using blue painters tape (wide as possible). This
seal isn't structural as far as I know and the painters tape should
pull off the foil with no damage. Comments?

Charlie