Definitely tape tarp to the OUTSIDE of the yurt, folded up about 6" all
around.  We put contact paper along the bottom of the yurt (Danger trick
again) to keep if from ripping up the yurt when disassembled.

I too have concerns about cutting my tarp down, but I saw Julie's and it
seemed fine.  We haven't done so because we are still too busy with other
stuff.  Maybe tape or heat will seal those fraying edges if that happens.
Let me know if you try it out in the next 24 hours.

Julie Nelson-Gal aka Rubylaser