So here's what we've heard, J: when you get a fire in a room insulated with
polyiso, the reflective foil keeps the heat inside, bouncing back and
forwards between the walls, and it gets *really* hot really quickly. Once
it reaches the gasification point of the polyiso sheets (literally the
boiling point of the polyiso boards!) they go up *hard*.

I suspect in a full sized hexayurt that effect would take a while to build
up and people have to walk a grand total of 10 feet to get out, so it's not
likely a danger to life. But I worry that with a couple of thousand units
deployed, eventually we're going to find this out the hard way. And as we
see more and more large hexayurt complexes - are there adequate fire doors?
Are tight-packed units all going to burn if one goes?

I worry about these things.

*All hexayurts should at least have a smoke alarm fitted. It's $10 and
gives a real margin of safety. Could we try and get that standardized this
year?*

I think a pup hexayurt (remember woody's one sheet design) with a small
camp fire inside would be a pretty good test at reasonable cost. The stuff
certainly doesn't light easily, or I wouldn't have picked it, but law of
large numbers is catching up with us.

--
*Vinay Gupta *  * hexay...@gmail.com <hexay...@gmail.com> *
*http://re.silience.com* <http://re.silience.com>