On Monday, July 8, 2013 6:35:02 PM UTC+2, Jeremy Shaw wrote:

> So, as long as the 1" RMax is strong enough (which is sounds like it is)
> -- or can be cheaply reinforced, it sounds like a good option? I do plan to
> bevel the edges. And I am building a stretch hexayurt -- which is one of
> the smaller designs. Using the 1.5" RMax would be great too, but I have not
> found a source for it in Chicago yet. Big box places like Home Depot would
> need me to order an entire palette (something like 40-60 sheets).

I made a 6' stretch from 1" RMax and it's perfectly fine. If you're
confident you can pass it on to someone else for next year, it's a great
prototype as you say. But if you want to sleep two people in it, I really
would recommend a standard H12, the 6' stretch will sleep two people but
fitting their gear in is quite an issue. Best option all up if you can
spend the money would be to build a Thermax H12 right out of the gate,
enlisting the help of someone who's built one before.

Cheers, Robert.