Sorry for the delay, I'm traveling ATM...

The triangle's are 8x4 panels cut diagonally, so each side takes 2 panels.
This makes each side 12 feet long, for total of 144 sqft. This is a bit
smaller than similarly sized hexayurt, but more practical imo because the
space is square in shape.

Here's the 1/4" EMT pile

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Allied-Tube-Conduit-1-1-4-in-EMT-Conduit-101576/100400410

I chose this size because its thinner than the 1/2" panel. So when you cut
out a small triangular groove on the side of the panel, the 1/4 fits in
very snuggly. Then using the 6" tape you get about two inches of grip on
the panel on each side and this holds the EMT pipe very well. I the covered
the bifilament tape that would be exposed to the sun with 3" aluminum foil.

Sorry, I'm still trying to dig out my original 3d sketch for the yurt. I'll
follow up when I do.

Please ask more questions, I'm happy to answer :) very surprised to see
this much interest in this design. People were pretty dismissive of it when
I was originally posting the sketches :)