Long edges were grooved and I added 1/4" EMT pipe. The pipes were then
taped with 6" bi-filament tape, then taped again with 3" aluminum foil tape
to protect from UVs. I then drilled 4 holes in each pipe for zip ties. The
EMT pipe acted as cage reinforcement AND a place to hook zip ties into.
Does that make sense?

---
http://twitter.com/alexgorbatchev
http://github.com/alexgorbatchev