Hi all,

If you look at these issues:
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?key
=HB-583
http://opensource.atlassian.com/projects/hibernate/secure/ViewIssue.jspa?id=
10672

There have been at least two instances where the usage of Microsofts JDBC
driver has conflicted with Hibernate.

I have taken the code the Benoit shared with me, and slightly changed it so
that regardless of what type of connection you would normally want, like
DBCP or JNDI, it just wraps that connection and proxies all the result set
stuff. I am doing more testing with our fairly large app, but it seems to
really fix some performance problems that we were having by forcing multiple
sql quieries to avoid the reread problem. I don't have a number yet on the
performance improvement, but it feels like 20% faster, especially with the
columns that are NVARCHAR type.

I'd like to publish this code for others to use. There are about 6 classes
that 7 classes. What do you'all think of adding it to hibernateExt as
mssql-proxy?. It seems large enough that pasting a ton of wiki pages isn't
the right way to go.  I can post this code someplace if people want to see
it first.

I will of course make sure to provide an Ant based build!

Eric Pugh