I want to have it renamed (if at all) before the next release to be able to freeze the "api".

I'm leaning to change it to hbm2<whatever> for consistency and recognization value, but not sure...

any input welcome ;)

The names are fine. You won't find a better schema for so many different things. In fact, the only thing we have to change, and I've done that for a while now, is to tell users that "hbm" does not mean Hibernate mapping file, but "hibernate metadata" or "hibernate metamodel".

yes, makes sense. I'll stick to hbm2x.

But should we change cfg2cfgxml and cfg2hbm to hbm2cfgxml and hbm2hbm then ?

Max Rydahl Andersen
callto://max.rydahl.andersen

Hibernate
[EMAIL PROTECTED]