From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Martin, Erin
Sent: Monday, September 09, 2013 8:28 AM
To: histonet
Cc: Naujokas, Agne; Meier, Melissa
Subject: [Histonet] (no subject)

Good morning all!

One of our fellows emailed me a question that she came across while studying
for her boards:

"I'm studying for my board exam and came across questions re: paraffin
embedding.
It reads: best temperature for paraffin embedding is
38-48
48-58
58-70.
I am getting some info on Internet that says 58 but is the range lower or
higher than that? What do we use?"

This seems to me to be an odd question because it depends on the melting point
of the paraffin in use.  Ours melts at 58C and we embed at 60C, but we have
also used paraffin that melts at 56C and we embedded at 58C.  Or am I missing
something?  Does anyone have a clear cut answer to this?

Thanks everyone!

Erin

Erin Martin, Histology Supervisor

UCSF  Dermatopathology Service
415-353-7248

Confidentiality Notice
it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or priviledged material.  Any
intended recipient is prohibited.  If you receive this in error, please contact
the sender and delete the material from any computer.

message.