You might try some combination of eosin and biebrich scarlet and/or phloxine.

Adding a little acetic acid might help.

http://www.stainsfile.info/StainsFile/downloads/eosin.pdf

I am quite fond of Biebrich Scarlet and like way it stains brain and heart particularly.

Biebrich is much more red than eosin.

Phloxine is an aggressive pink.

*

A bit punny about the fish looking washed out.

*

"There was something fishy about the butler.

Probably a Pisces working for scale." - Phil Proctor