-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Dave R.
Meyers
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2001 7:17 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] syntax and ansi compliance

I think this might be a silly quiestion, but I am curious.

When I ported my mod over to Linux, I had to change a bunch of counter
loops:

 for ( int i = 1; i <= gpGlobals->maxClients; i++ )

to this style

int i;

for (  i = 1; i <= gpGlobals->maxClients; i++ )

For ansi compliance.  The question is this, why did not all of the loops
have to change?  and would there be a problem with the value ever being
passed to the wrong counter?

I mean I know it has something to do with scope, but this just seems odd
that not all loops gave errors??

Dave R. Meyers
aka Starbreaker
www.starbraker.com