They started hosting us when we were at around 50% completion...

I've noticed that for the big GSI hosted sites they usually give a chunky
full paragraph main news item, where as smaller projects end up in the mod
round up at the bottom of the page. As someone else mentioned, the main
factor for whether they post the news seems to be the quality of the news
itself. A good few new screenshots, or a movie will certainly do the trick,
but a few sentences on your web site saying you've recruited a mapper and
that you need an animator probably won't make the cut.

I'm just grateful that there is still a decent, popular Half-Life news site
still around... it's one of the main sources of the 45,000 or so hits we get
a month...

--

dodgy
aka David Hunt