> Can't you use the user fields that already exist in weapon_data_t?
I can, yes. And if the weapon_data_t structure can't be edited, that's what
I'll do.

I just find it odd that you have some extremely weapon-specific members like
m_flPumpTime in the weapon_data structure, but it seems like you can't add a
new one if your weapon code calls for it.  In my case I'm adding some data
that has to do with some different reload handling that is used by a couple
of different weapons.  It doesn't make any sense to me to have the more
general attribute stuck in iuser4 or something, while the shotgun-only
variable m_flPumpTime is hardcoded into the struct.

Assuming, of course, that that's the case.  I'm really hoping it isn't, and
I'm just missing a step.  Anybody know?

-PNB