topcolor and bottom color are a Hue, not an RGB or HSV.  The color remapping
function maintains the existing Saturation and Value of the palette entries,
just replacing the hue with the specified value.

-----Original Message-----
From: Nicemice [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, April 12, 2002 7:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] RGB to Half-Life Player Model Color

Hi,
I want to set the player model colors from the mod code. It's a team based
based mod an the level designer can choose the color of the teams via an
entity.

Now I need a function which give me the correct top/bottom color values from
my r,g,b value. I first thought Valve uses a HSV Color table, but when
finishing a UTIL_RGBtoHSV(...) I noticed that the H Value doesn't fit to the
player model color.

Any ideas ?

cu,
Nicemice