That method of detecting doesn't detect all opengl.dll hacks, etc That
only detects wrappers, but you can hook functions using the IAT And not
get detected with only that method..

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Michael A.
Hobson
Sent: Friday, 26 April 2002 4:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] Anti-cheat code in mods

Botman:

Actually, AHL Beta 5 and Desert Crisis both have API Hooking detection
anti-cheat built-in and have had it since HL 1.1.0.8 / SDK 2.2.

This code was developed by Ikkyo of Desert Crisis.

I had some small technical input into version 2 of this code, which now
uses an additional technique I devised called  "API Inventorying" on the
  modules loaded into  HL.EXE's process space. "API Inventorying"
detects
  PE Images with duplicate exported API's, which is the signature of any
  DLL replacement  API Hooking. This particular technique catchs all
  OPENGL32.DLL  replacement  cheat programs.

At 09:59 AM 04/25/2002 -0700, Botman wrote:
>Valve has stated in the dedicated server e-mail lists that right now
>the only thing that is included in the anti-cheat is the blocking of
>client DLL hooking.
>
>OpenGL wall hacks and other non-client DLL cheats (scripts, etc.) will
>still work.  Also Counter-Strike is the only MOD with anti-cheat
>protection built into it.  Anti-cheats will be added to the other MODs
>in the "near" future.

{OLD}Sneaky_Bastard!
Michael A. Hobson
email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]