Hello Geoff,

Well.. lame or not, "only for the fun" or not, work with Steam.
*Tested*:

Disk f:
.
..
counter-strike
half-life
othercrap
blah
foo
bar

Alias for Disk F:
f:
/games/Steam/SteamApps/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/

As a engine^H^H^H^H coder, I think the new version of HL.exe is really nice.
All the menus where cool, the window mode of console ..is fresh,
reminds me the FAKK console (a Quake1 game with impresive particle
system and character lowpoly curves :)