http://halflife2.net/

Gabe Newell from Valve Software posted on our very own forums regarding the
source code leak. He confirms that it is real, and he describes some
trouble he and the company have had recently with hackers. Here's a bit of
what he said.

Yes, the source code that has been posted is the HL-2 source code...

...What I'd appreciate is the assistance of the community in tracking this
down. I have a special email address for people to send information to,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] ( mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] ). If you
have information about the denial of service attacks or the infiltration of
our network, please send the details. There are some pretty obvious places
to start with the posts and records in IRC, so if you can point us in the
right direction, that would be great.

So by all means, if you know anything about what Gabe described, please
email them. We don't want Valve to have more problems. You can view the
http://www.halflife2.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10692 ).

So I do think it's pretty real! What a horror for Valve!!!!!!

At 22:45 2/10/2003, you wrote:
> >No offense to anyone, but that's a pretty rediculous sounding rumor.  Why
>exactly would Valve give ATI a copy of their HL1, >CS, TF2, and HL2 source
>code?  What, are they contracting ATI to proofread their code comments?
>

>Actually ATI having at least partial code makes sense. I remember reading
>after some benchmarks Valve made with HL2 on certain video cards they said
>they were working closely with vid card makers to get the performance up. I
>could see this including some ATI engineers looking through partial source
>code to look for issues that could be fixed on either end.
>
>Jeremy

G00fy, (aka KaReL, aka Steven)

Main Webpage : http://komma.cjb.net
CQ Database  : http://lid.fragland.net/