somewhere is the buffer, If you can draw your thing after the d3devil think or after the opengenius thing will work, I guess. How to get this buffer? I dont know.

Tony "omega" Sergi wrote:
Yeah, with D3D you need access to the object; which isn't exposed in hl.
I was able to grab the direcSOUND object in quake2 (long before it went
opensource, I did my own sound thing to play music in a quake2 mod I was
doing) but I've never been successful in getting the d3d object for HL,
so I just left it as a "can't be done" scenario.

(to get the dsound object you just need to find the active app, and work
from there, the d3d one baffles me)

-omega http://www.frontline2.com

-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Pat Magnan Sent: October 19, 2003 1:55 AM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: RE: [hlcoders] TriAPI Question

Hmm, haven't played with D3D at all, is the problem you just can't get
reference to the surfaces/device context the engine uses i guess?

HL2 will be interesting to see if there is something available up in the
client code such that we can do our own D3D calls should we need to...
;).