[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> The problem with deleting mails with attachments is that stops anyone
> with outlook being able to use the list (when using html or RTF email
> modes, the defaults).

Many mailing lists flat-out refuse to send downstream emails that do not
comply with list standards. A simple policy of plaintext-only, and
trimming the bloody footers would do loads to clean up all the Valve
lists. I pity the poor bastards who read the digests.

Outlook can very easily be configured to send in plaintext and to strip
below the -- sig delimiter (with a little help*). You'd think lists full
of coders and admins would've figured that one out by now.

(*Check out Outlook Quotefix
http://home.in.tum.de/~jain/software/outlook-quotefix/)

--
Tim