Hello all....

I'm wondering if any of you sporadically get an assertion from pipes.cpp?
This started happening in our mod a little while ago, and we naturally
thought that it was something that we were doing, so we've been pulling
our hair out trying to debug it.

Desperate, we created a new mod project, and compiled with fresh code.
And and it still happens!  We were relieved to find this out, but its
going to get old real fast during the rest of our development.

Anybody have any ideas?  Obviously, by the callstacks below, it is
Steam....does anyone know if a recent update caused this?  Can we turn
off Steam asserts?
we are running with: -dev -sw -allowdebug

It happens sporadically, but you can always duplicate it by disabling
your network while the game is running.
And, of course, it doesn't affect the game in release mode.

pipes.cpp:
There is no code location and the callstack is:
    steamclient.dll!103d861e()
    steamclient.dll!103def8b()
    steamclient.dll!103c140b()
    ServerBrowser.dll!1e73f04a()
    ServerBrowser.dll!1e774bcc()
    ServerBrowser.dll!1e738018()
    ServerBrowser.dll!1e7953f5()
    vgui2.dll!0d7fb398()
    vgui2.dll!0d8009b8()
    vgui2.dll!0d7fd56e()
    vgui2.dll!0d7fcdbe()
    engine.dll!0db45f68()
    engine.dll!0db31012()
    engine.dll!0d9e3be7()
    engine.dll!0da6fe86()
    engine.dll!0da7a9dc()
    engine.dll!0da7b073()
    engine.dll!0da85b75()
    engine.dll!0da85c62()
    engine.dll!0da85cff()
    engine.dll!0db2605c()
    engine.dll!0db25c27()
    MaterialSystem.dll!0d58d135()
    engine.dll!0daa58fb()
    engine.dll!0db25eae()
    engine.dll!0db25ce4()
    engine.dll!0db25cef()
    engine.dll!0db25d8c()
    launcher.dll!1000369b()
    launcher.dll!10007f70()
    launcher.dll!10007f70()
    launcher.dll!100057f8()

And then another always occurs when the assertion is ignored, and "quit"
is typed into the console.
in steamclient.cpp:

   steamclient.dll!103e352c()
    engine.dll!0db05684()