On Sat, 2006-06-03 at 13:21 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Coincidentally I'd just been doing some more research into gpGlobals->curtime
> server-side.  Not sure if this applies to client-side too, however it seems
> that gpGlobals->curtime server side is able to go slightly backwards in some
> situations.  Apparently it depends on what call back is occurring to get you
> to the mod code.
>
> My guess is that when the server is compensating for lagged packets it sets
> curtime to the time it thinks the thing should have happened?  This is all
> very sketchy, but at least it seems more reasonable than realtime.

That seems entirely plausible, but I've never seen it happen.  On which
callbacks is gpGlobals->curtime reversing server-side?  In any case, I
think there is less reason (other than that outlined above) for curtime
to change server-side than client-side.

As an aside, I considered tacking this onto the end of your realtime
thread, but decided that it's sufficiently different to warrant a new
thread.  :)

-John Sheu