The difference is that it's obvious you truly attempt to solve
problems BEFORE coming to the list.  That's how you learn.  Most of
his questions show his thought process to be "I tried one thing, it
didn't work, I don't know why, time to ask the list."

As for learning to code at the same time, messing with the SDK is
probably not the best way to go about it... but that's a different
discussion for a different time.  :)