that's fine for muzzleflashes. but it's not muzzleflashes exactly that he's
referring to.

for example, something i haven't had time to fix in la, that i noticed in
the last game that i played, third person tracers come out of the players
face, instead of going down to the attachment point, because i had the code
referencing a specific attachment, and when i stopped using css w_ models, i
forgot to put the proper muzzle attachment in.

On 7/26/07, Minh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Both the view models and world models typically create muzzle flashes by
> invoking an event.
>
> Take a look at the following line from a world model .qc file
>
> $sequence attack1 "w_ak47_fire" snap fps 52 activity ACT_RANGE_ATTACK1 1 {
> event 5001 0 "RIFLE MUZZLE" }
>
> Event 5001 will spawn a muzzle flash sprite at attachment 0 of the model.
>
> The view model .qc line looks exactly the same as the world model except
> w_ak47_fire is v_ak47_fire.
>
> Just tell your modeller to make sure attachment 0 (ie. the first
> attachment
> that he defines in the .qc) is positioned properly on his model.
>
> The code for firing off events is found in "c_baseanimating.cpp"
> void C_BaseAnimating::FireEvent( const Vector& origin, const QAngle&
> angles,
> int event, const char *options )

-omega