How much of your code is based on the HL2MP weapon_rpg. You might want to
look at CWeaponRPG::PrimaryAttack, CMissile::Spawn, no velocity is set for
the missile until CMissile::IgniteThink is called 0.3s later. The delay was
added intentionally, its not a bug or prediction issue. If you already
removed that behavior then I'm not sure what else would be causing a such
noticeable delay like that.

Regards,

Paul