The code wasn't written by me for our watches, but we no longer use them so
I'm sure Jon won't mind me sharing :S But ours are pretty much setup the
exact same way tutorial shows, now this could be an error on our part
because the original to Ep1 merge wasn't as clean as it could have been but
our  watch panel definatley works on the Ep1 engine.

It works fairly well, our modeller removed the acctually wrist watch model
and I can't find an old screenshot but here it is in action.

http://www.namit.org/~bush/rnl/rnl_field0069.jpg

again it's just using CVGuiScreenPanel as it's parent like the tutorial
does.

class CWatchScreen : public CVGuiScreenPanel