-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of MattieC
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2008 9:33 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] Requesting (again): ent_fire and ent_name APIs for
Server Plugins?

Can you consider adding ent_fire and ent_name API equivalents for Source
server plugins? (Ideally these interact via index/pointer rather than name,
but if we can name entities by index that would be the same thing, really.)

Getting access to the entity event/message queue without hacks/tricks would
open many stable doors and I've voiced this opinion in the past. This is one
of the biggest deficiencies of the server-side plugin SDK.

Ideally, the "give" API (or any name-based entity creation method) would
also be included, but there may be more mod-specific issues for you there,
perhaps. Currently without hacks/hooks it's very difficult to emulate this.

Is there any reason entity inputs/messaging weren't exposed via interfaces
that server plugins can access? If the above is not possible, what kind of
things could the Source engine offer for better entity manipulation?

Thanks very, very much in advance---
-Mattie
http://www.eventscripts.com