Hello, I've got an issue with the new XSI Mod Tool (v. 6) - now, I know this
may not be the most appropriate place for this, but all the smart people are
here   ;D

My problem with the XSI Mod Tool 6 is:  the SMD importer doesn't work right
when importing vertex weights.  All models have some vertecies assigned to
wrong bones entirely (example: hand bone has some leg, arm and torso
vertecies).  I've tried several models, but in this case, let's focus on
"Police.mdl" being decompiled from HL2.  Also, MilkShape3D and FragMOTION
import the SMD files just fine.

My question is:  does anyone else notice this?  (I mean, it's hard to miss
it, when you compile the model again, vertecies go crazy)  Does anyone have
a workaround to this?  Does anyone know if the XSI Mod Tool 4.2 SMD importer
work fine?
Thanks for any help,

--
Devin 'Mr.Hankey' Dawson