A friend had the same problem. Turn optimization of and it should work fine.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael Chang
Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2008 7:24 PM
To: hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlcoders] beta crash related to FinishClientPutInServer

Hey all
Thanks for suggesting that I switch to the new Beta SDK.

I just merged my code with the new SDK, an OB HL2MP game.

As soon as the player loads into the game, a crash occurs in
hl2mp_client.cpp as shown from the dump:

void FinishClientPutInServer( CHL2MP_Player *pPlayer )
{
    pPlayer->InitialSpawn();
    pPlayer->Spawn();

It gets weird. I tried this right before that line:

    if(pPlayer == NULL)
        return;

And it still crashes.

Any idea if this is an SDK issue? Or did I do something wrong with my code
merge? What might possible cause this crash?

Thanks.

~M