I don't mind waiting myself, but those shaders are something I'd really love
to have for my mod, sadly there really isn't any other way to make
Volumetric Lighting without shaders. Well it may be possible, but might be
ulgy, or very choppy in performance. But thanks Valve for all the other
things so far, but get those Shaders out this Year! ;)

On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 8:42 PM, Chris Deegan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Dare I say a polite 'me too':
>
> Although I will happily accept if Valve say it won't be out for a few
> months - I just need to know that it _is_ coming and a 'Valve-time'
> estimate of when. I was originally writing my mod in EP1, but felt
> coerced to switch to OB code on the basis of specific issues that are
> resolved in the OB engine as well as the promise of shaders...
>
> deegz
>
> On 09/07/2008, at 1:28 PM, Skillet wrote:
>
> > I join the bandwagon as well.  I too have a few shader effects that
> > are
> > fairly important to an eventual release.
> >
> > On Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 3:46 PM, Tobias Kammersgaard <
> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >> I'll gladly jump this bandwagon! There's just so many things I'd
> >> like to
> >> try
> >> out on the Orange Box engine.
> >>
> >> /ScarT