And I just pre-ordered L4D2 too :(

The source engine does it's job well, valve don't have the time or
manpower to make it as commercially feasible as UE3 is. Anyway, valve
are making plenty of cash with their own games on their own engine.

I'm moving onto XNA after I've finished working on the mods I
currently code for =]

XBL Marketplace should get me a bit of cash on the side as source
modding certainly wont without betraying valve or buying a license.