OK Folks,

I have entirely implemented the L4D Glow Effect in C++. Check it out along
with my very lengthy description of the code on the Developer Wiki:

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/L4D_Glow_Effect

The only hanging issue is that of shaders. I couldn't get your shaders to
load with my mod Garry, but I'll be honest that was my first time working
with shaders. Valve's Blur Shaders (BlurFilterX and BlurFilterY) are
completely messed up. They both take different parameters and BlurFilterY is
disabled by default. BlurFilterX's strength does not seem to be editable via
parameters. If someone can get a blur shader to work properly please let me
know, as of right now BlurFilterY mainly drives the effect of this glow.

Thanks to everyone for your help!

Jonathan White
<Killer Monkey>
GoldenEye: Source