I am trying to code an inventory system into the source engine. The inventory in itself is fairly easy I just have a class to manage, and access the inventory items. The items are structures that store the name, description, type, and a function pointer where the use function will be stored. Then the available items are stored into an array, and when the player picks up an item, it finds the registered item in the array, and adds it to the inventory associated with the player. Yet I have had some problems melding this with the Source Engine. Perhaps because I code in more of a Quake style, and I am sticking to that in this.

Is there a better way of doing this in Source, perhaps a class I can derive from?

Thanks, Anthoni