Hello,

I'm quite stuck on how to create more optimized rain like left 4 dead 2. I've
gotten to the point where the func_precipitation emits the particle "rain_test"
A custom particle by me for testing purposes.. Any ways.. I have 2 main
problems. How will i make the splashes? Originally i kept the func_precip rain
and just made it splash. But i figured it rendered splashes too far in the
distance that were unnecessary. So here are a few options..

A. Make fully integrated particles + splashes

B. Edit the rain splash code to only splash within say 1000 units around the
players view.

So for A. I have the particles spawning, The problem is it spawns infinite
emitters all through out the brush volume and it RAPES your computer until it
crashes because of memory overload. So how can i make it only spawn One emitter
for particles on the player.'
Then on-top of this you have to some how make it register the particles to
splash when it collides with the ground. In Half life 2 Episode 2's Particle
Editor, I don't think there is an option where you're able to do that. If there
is.. Please inform me!

B. Would be the best thing to go about. Is there a way to limit the VDC splash
code? I know you can change the percentage of splashes.. but I want all visible
rain to splash.. Just not ones that are 7,000 units away that you'll never even
see. It just causes unwanted performance loss.

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp56/jangalomph/Sabotage/rain_test0000.jpg

Ignore the brush I'm protruding. I spawn inside of a brush or something.. And
sadly the particle rain is going through the brush. ;) But i know why.