Oh, sorry, that wasn't meant to be interpreted as sarcasm (I blame the
Interwebs).

But alas, I think I can redeem myself with a wiki page I created some years
ago that fixes at least some of those water animation issues, although I
thought it only pertained to non-template SDK 2007:
http://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Fix_Missing_Player_Animations