Alright, I've found a couple of related threads in the archive, but they are
unsolved:

http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com/msg22902.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/hlcoders@list.valvesoftware.com/msg23814.html

There's an apparent fix in that second link but I noticed it's already
included in the SDK and I still have the issue (would hate to see what it
was like before!). Another curious thing I noticed is that when driving a
veihcle this problem doesn't persist, movement is smooth. Surely, I can't be
alone with this, because I think it's very much an issue with the sdk code.

Anyone?