Actually while I'm sure there will be disasters... I dont really agree that
some how bandwidth is going to be the root cause of them.

If they tier the rollouts, and dont auto enable the preload there should be
minimal issues from a pure bandwidth perspective. It would of course be
helpful I'm sure to release a base installer on distro sites of say < 650mb
compressed that either does a clean steam install and gets some base content
installed on the client, or simply installs the base content to an existing
install and they can pull the rest via steam. (probably make a big
difference doing that since you lighten the load significantly by making the
first gig basicly pre-loadable via distribution systems beyond steam, ie,
p2p,ftp,http.

No idea what thier plans actually are but I wouldn't worry about it to much
as there's bound to be a disaster of one type or another reguardless.  I'd
me more concerned with the stability or problems of what's actually being
distributed.