Hey there,

We're in the process of creating a ban setup for Counter-Strike:Source
and were copying all the bans from CS1.6 over (since it works by account
rather then key, we can keep people banned if they abuse in one game)
and I came across a rather odd error:
Cbuf_AddText: buffer overflow
This seems to be linked with the number of bans allowed, as it doesn't
happen if there's only a couple of ID's being execed in the ban config,
but when there's ~600 or ~1200 it seems to have a rather large cry and
refuse to ban the people.

Is there some cvar that is restricting the number of bans, or is this a
coded-in limitation?  The same ban list works in CS 1.6 and there have
been no changes (as far as I've noticed) in ban format other then the
file which srcds writes to with writeid.

Can anyone enlighten me?  Having such a small limitation on ban numbers
doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense :\

--

- Bruce "Bahamut" Andrews