Well let's not forget that the two maps or whatever that are out are far too
small to have any more than 16 people.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of CAIN
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:22 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] HL2MP - Player Limit ?? 16 Players..

Unfortunately the HL2MP game is hard-coded to a 16 player maximum, nothing
we
can do or change will allow any admin to increase this.

I ran a 40 player CSS server that was very smooth and everyone was pinging
in
the 30s-60s.

My server is a Dual Xeon 3.33 and I have a 100Mb switch and a DS-3 worth of
bandwidth.

I understand that HL2MP is hard on hardware and bandwidth, but trust me it
is
not even in the same league as UT2004 ONS.

I would just like for the Valve guys to let the Admins and their players
decide
if their favorite server can provide a quality game, with a given player
load;
the same way we have always done it.

I know some CSS Servers are now running 64 players !!

Take care,

--  Cain