-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dustin
Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 8:55 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Console mode

Actually, you cant run hlds.exe directly even with steam already
running..(it has to be started with steam.exe -applaunch 5)  so that's not
really helping.. but thx for trying (unless I am missing something)

 so I guess u can only run the stand alone version in console mode?