It just takes the developer to realise that the biggest increase of
quality of the game to the public is to stamp out cheats, not to
implement bot support.

I'm sure the quality assurance department just play in a closed
environment (which of course would be cheat free) and not in the 'real
world', where the cheats exist. Perhaps the only feedback Valve are
getting is that of "the game is fine I just need a way to play it in
case I have no friends" instead of "The game is fine except on every
server I join someone is running around 4 times as fast as I can and is
shooting me through walls before I even see them".

Valve are quite quiet on their anti-cheat technology, so don't expect a
reply soon. I emailed 4-5 Valve employees a couple of weeks ago with a
polite question regarding an update to VAC, including :-

[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Gabe Newell, CEO or 'top dog'
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Nick Shaffner, who has been responsible for a
lot of updates to hlds list about VAC updates
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Alfred Reynolds, who is the person who
usually updates the list on a hlds/srcds update.
[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Eric Smith, who has updated this list in the
past with informaton about server updates and VAC updates.

All emails proved unsuccessful and I did not receive an email from any
of the above email addresses.

I cannot wait for Valve to update their VAC technology, as VAC can prove
to be far more effective then C-D can be if it is maintained and updated
correctly.

Regards,

Ryan Lewis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]