From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 9:28 PM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds] Counter-Strike: Source update

Hello Valve, if you're reading this - your server update method is pathetic
say the least. I've been trying to update my servers for over an hour, and
only one update has managed to start... and it's stuck on trying to pull
down
the file 'server_i486.so' which is a file I dont even need since I run on
win32 platform.

Suggestion - create a stand-alone server update package (either in a
zip/rar/exe format) and release it to the server community 24 hrs *prior* to
the client update. This way 1) 3rd parties can mirror the file and 2) newly
updated clients will have plenty of servers to play on right away.

So how bout getting your act together Valve and start helping us out in this
regard? Signed, one pissed-off admin...

- K2
http://www.hardfought.org