One of my boxes is a dual 1gh PIII, and with a TFC full at 20 cpu usage on
one processor is around 50%, FLF full at 16 that processor is around 50-60%.
That's running with increased FPS, if I let them run at the default cpu
usage is about 1/4 of that.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kevin Cantrell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com> Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 11:44 AM Subject: [hlds] Switching from Linux to Windows

Hopefully I am replying to this correctly.

Wargod, I will try the things you mentioned.
but keep in mind I am not running a dual Zeon box,
I have Dual P4 1ghz.

My expectations are to run 1 main 24 man Clan source
server that is perfect in everyway.

and run two 24/7 (custom map) 18 man servers(with 4
reserve slots.  < I redirect a full server using
mani-mod to my Main source server.
so a total of 3 servers with 52 players max.

This combination worked last night, and I had all
three server full all evening, but I was getting the
CPU lag even on the main server.

I have my server located in Dallas at a co-location
facility  www.gamevault.com.

Could I get some advise on how to tweak what you have
told me, based on only having dual 1ghz CPU'S?

I am going to try a -tickrate of 66 and use media
player to bump up the FPS.
I am also going to use the rates you have stated.
but sv_maxupdaterate 90 seems a bit HIGH???

Let me know what you think.

__________________________________ Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday! Yahoo! Netrospective: 100 Moments of the Web http://birthday.yahoo.com/netrospective/