when you do a refresh, right click on a server and view server info
and check the IP address. Mine are all 81.x.x.x and 82.x.x.x, my IP is
81.x.x.x. They "look" as though they are in order of latency, but
thats not the whole picture.

It's a fairly well known issue, and some ISPs have even been changing
their ip:ports where possible to get further up the list for more
people.

Absolutely crazy design that whoever designed should be shot for.