Yes, it's a dedicated server and the frame rate has a lot to do with it.

The frame rate is how often the server checks for game packets. A server
with a low frame rate like my full 24 player DoD: Source server won't check
for game packets as often as a server with a high frame rate. This results
in lag because although the server is cycling 66 ticks per second, the
client only checks for a portion of those packets due to the server's low
FPS even though the client has high FPS. Read more about it here:
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=293285

This is why I'm so puzzled. My server's CPU is only at 80% load but the FPS
is way too low. It would make more sense if the CPU was at 100% load.
Alexander Kobbevik made some good points with the reasoning being this (just
what I was looking for!) in another reply that I am going to respond to now.
**