Ozz, please... Read the entire thread before posting.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 1:24 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds] cl_cmdrate....

why should cl_cmdrate be considered a cheat cvar or locked down?????   As a
player I run at an 85 cmdrate OR ELSE I GET CHOKE CONSTANTLY.  Why the hell
do you want to 'fix' a client side rate setting anyway??  Just because a
server is hooked up to a xx MB/s line does not mean the client is as
fortunate!!!

Add to that, I need to run a cl_updaterate of 15 for servers I ping over 50
for, whereas I can run this setting at 100 or even 200 on low-ping servers.

Instead of suggesting locking this or locking that or messing up this rate
value etc, why don't you find a config that works and on top of that stop
inducing choke and loss with low rate settings on the server.  All you are
doing is ruining a game experience by making the game 'unfun' with skippy
erratic response and it just turns people off.

Until then, leave the client settings alone. We don't appreciate it.

--Ozz

p.s. yes I run servers too.