I'm guessing this was mostly down to Alfred being away (not criticizing
Alfred!), things seem not to follow the usual way in which we are accustomed
which is fairly decent. I get the impression Alfred is really the only one
who communicates direct and once he's away etc, there's no "alternative"
which really they need to look at.