I run a total of 11 Servers: All names start with {MC} Paradises .... Server
        5 CS 1.6 Servers
        1 CS:Source
        1 Dystopia
        1 Garry's Mod 9
        1 DOD:Source
        2 HLTV (HL1) servers
I also occasionally have this problem, there is no pattern. They just loose
VAC intermittently. Most of the servers are running on Windows 2003 Server
(SP1) and 2 of them are on XP Pro (SP2) fully patched and updated. The HLDS
configurations are fairly similar across all of them. Configs available upon
request.
A restart with HLSW or restarting the service usually fixes this. I check
the status every half hour or so during the day and restart them as needed.
It is getting very annoying.
Also, if you change sv_lan 1 then back to sv_lan 0 that will reestablish VAC
without a restart...

I would be glad to send you any logs or any other data you require to help
figure this out.

Mike ParaDOX Munoz
www.paradisesgarage.com