>Anyways, don't want it to get too off topic. Haven't particularly noticed
>any "bad" mem leaks on our windows servers, but we tend to restart them
>fairly often as well so may mask any possible problems,

        This would seem a rather manual process, RCon on over to ensure
nobody is playing, issue the restart service command or kill the app
and launch it again, etc...

        For folks who run a server farm, it would be quite nice if
there were an automated way to do this.

        I'm thinking batch files at this point, something like a
numplayers.exe that would return an exit code for the number of players
connected minus bots.  It would also be nice if we had a service
executable that would act as a wrapper for a number of srcds
instances -- kind of like firedaemon but from valve specifically to
handle the source engine beneath it.

        Anyway, I was thinking something like this:

@ECHO OFF
C:\hlds\hldsquery.exe -ip 127.0.0.1 -port 27105 -numplayers
if %errorlevel% .NE. 0 goto JustExit
:Restart
net stop HLDSService
if %errorlevel% .gt. 0 c:\windows\Reskit\kill.exe hldswrap.exe
net start HLDSService
goto:end
:JustExit:
echo "%1 players still gaming"

        Hey, I didn't check it for syntax, it's psuedo-code.
I'm just thinking there ought to be a way to automate restarts
given this issue and others that seem to require it.

                - Dan

* Dan Sorenson      DoD #1066      A.H.M.C. #35     [EMAIL PROTECTED] *
* Vikings?  There ain't no vikings here.  Just us honest farmers.   *
* The town was burning, the villagers were dead.  They didn't need  *
* those sheep anyway.  That's our story and we're sticking to it.   *