By Solarwinds, I believe you mean Orion.  And Orion is missing about
30-40% of the features of Nagios.  Oh yeah and it's a commercial product.
I(and some others) manage over 1000 servers in 14 colos with Nagios.
Other than writing some plugins to access various game servers, we run a
standard Nagios (plus the aformentioned alternate web interface)